Evaluate your ability to listen effectively and understand spoken English in line with the maritime industry standards.
Being able to communicate effectively in English is a critical requirement for every seafarer in the maritime industry. The ability to listen and understand fellow crew members is vital for ensuring operational effectiveness and safety on board. The Maritime English Listening Test is designed to evaluate your English listening skills while at the same time presenting real-life scenarios tailored to the maritime industry.
The Maritime English Listening Test covers 1 of 2 tests required for the Certificate in Maritime English Proficiency for Ratings and Operational Level Deck Officers
The listening test consists of:
- A short video describing what will be assessed and how to prepare yourself for the test.
- Series of short articles presenting real-life scenarios onboard.
- Examination via multiple-choice, true/false, and missing word question types.
- Participation certificate received upon completion.
There are no prerequisites for this test; however, the content and associated terminology are tailored to the maritime industry.
This test aims to assess the listening and comprehension skills of Ratings and Operational Level Deck Officers in Maritime English.
Ratings and Operational Level Deck Officers in charge of navigational equipment on ships of 500 GT or more.
Estimated duration: 30 min
Test attempts: 2
Passing score: 50%
Certificate Validity: Indefinite
We recommend the usage of a wired internet connection. Please note that connection via mobile internet is also possible; however, it is considered highly unstable and might cause your exam's failure.
Supported Internet Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Edge
• Windows 8 or higher with latest updates installed
• MacOS 10.12 Siera or higher with latest updates installed
• Apple iOS 11 or higher with latest updates installed
Video not available
In order to add the product to the wishlist you must first create one here